A driver will pick you up from your agreed location, be it a city center hotel, Athens Airport or the cruise port at Piraeus. Start your tour by driving to Lycavetus to see Athens from its highest city point.
Visit Panathinaiko Stadium, home to the first modern Olympic Games in 1896. The tour will then continue to the famous Arch of Emperor Hadrian and to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, dedicated to the King of the Olympian Gods, and the largest temple of the ancient world.
Drive through the narrow streets of Plaka, Athens most historic neighborhood and see the Roman Forum with its famous hydraulic systems that were used to calculate the speed of the winds to determine the exact time of a ship’s arrival at Piraeus port.
Walk to the steps of Socrates in Ancient Greek Agora and let him wisper to you his wisdom. Inside the Agora visit the Temple of Hephestus that is one of the most well maintened ancient temples.
Move on to the Holy Rock of the world-renowned Acropolis. Visit the Temple of Parthenon, dedicated to the guardian goddess of the city, Athena. Surrounding the temple are the ruins of the temple of the goddess Nike, the Erectheas Tomb, with its famous sculptures of Karyatides, and the Propylaia, the monumental gateway to the city.
We will visit the Presidential Palace in order to see the change of the guards a must see show.
See Athens from the highest point inside the city, the Lycabetus Hill After the tour if you want, we will stop at a beautiful seaside location for lunch to taste some delicious Greek dishes of meat or seafood.
The driver will drop you off at the agreed place.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Hotel, airport or port pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking taxi driver
- Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi
- Wi-Fi internet connection on request
- Child seat on request
- Cold water
- Professional tour guide (the guidance is conducted by the taxi driver while cruising)
- Fees for the archeological sites (Euros 20 per person general admittance)
- Lunch and drinks
- Please wear athletic shoes to avoid slipping
- No service on Christmas Day and New Years Day
- In case of strike by staff of the archeological sites, no entrance is permitted
- Every Monday, Museums in Athens are closed