Tour the Olympic gymnasium, the baths, and the courtyard of Palestra, where the athletes trained and conditioned for the games. Then continue on to see the Olympic Stadium and the Hippodrome, where the games and chariot races took place.
See the famous structures of Heroon (“hero”), the Temple of Zeus, and the Workshop of Pheidias, who built the mighty statue of Zeus (also considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.)
Finally, you will get to explore the foundation where the Council Chamber once stood. The chamber housed the Olympic council, who were responsible for the organization of the Olympic Games, including judging and penalties. It is here where the athletes took their oaths, and where an archive of the winners was kept.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Hotel, airport or port pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking taxi driver
- Transportation in an air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi
- Wi-Fi internet connection on request
- Children's seat on request
- Cold water supplies
- Professional tour guide (the guidance is conducted by the taxi driver while cruising)
- Entrance fees to archeological sites
- Food and drinks
- You will need to wear athletic shoes to avoid slipping.
- You will have the chance for lunch in the local taverns.
- There will be a short stop for photos in Corinthus Canal.
- A different starting time can be arranged upon request.