On the first day, you will drive past Mount Parnassus, a mountain that was sacred to Apollo. After passing Mount Parnassus, you continue to the Castalia spring, where you, like the ancient visitors en route to Delphi, stop before arriving in Delphi.
In Delphi, you will visit the Oracle, the Sanctuary of Athena (Athena Pronia) at Tholos, the Delphi Museum, and the amphitheater. Historically, Oracle of Delphi was a neutral councilor to leaders in all cities. The Athena Pronia sanctuary in Tholos is a beautiful and unique round building with Doric columns, and is one of the most photographed ruins in Delphi. The Museum of Delphi houses numerous ancient Greek artifacts, including the famous statue of Inichos. The amphitheater, located at the top of the hill, gives you a fantastic view of the Delphi valley below.
Following your tour of Delphi, you have the option to stop for a traditional Greek lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, you continue to the village of Arachova, a famous ski destination, where you will have time to do your souvenir shopping. Your final destination on Day 1 is Kalambaka, where you will spend the night.
The next day, you will visit Metéora, one of the largest and most important Eastern Orthodox complexes, second only to Mount Athos. You will visit the 6 monasteries that are part of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
An Astron Taxi Transfer & Tours team member will meet you early in the morning. From your meeting point, you will drive to Parnassus, located 200km away. On the way, you will pass Mount Parnassus. From Parnassus, you continue to Delphi. After touring Delphi, enjoy an optional lunch at a local Greek restaurant. Following lunch, travel to Arachova, then Kalambaka, where you spend the night.
In the morning, you will visit the Monasteries of Metéora, located near the Pineios River in Central Greece. After exploring the monasteries, you will return to Athens.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Hotel, airport or port pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking taxi driver
- Transportation in an air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi
- A Wi-Fi internet is available upon request
- A child seat is available upon request
- Cold water supplies
- Hotel accommodation is available upon request in better price for our clients
- Professional tour guide (the guidance is conducted by the taxi driver while cruising)
- Entrance fees to archeological sites
- Food and drinks
- Hotel accommodation
- Your taxi driver will narrate your tour
- Hotel accommodation is not included in the price. Hotel accommodation is available for an extra fee. The price for accommodation is dependent on the number of people in your group. Payment for your room is made directly to the hotel
- Please wear sturdy athletic shoes to help prevent slipping accidents
- In the monasteries they having a dressing code for men and women
- No service on Christmas, New Years Day, Greek Easter and National Holidays