Move on to the ancient city of Corinth where you will visit the famous Temple of Apollo and follow in the footsteps of Saint Paul, who taught the Corinthians the Word of God.
Afterwards we are visiting , the extraordinary Epidaurus Theater. One of the most famous theaters of Ancient Greece, and of the modern world, it is located inside the area of the Asclepieion (healing temple), the most celebrated healing center of the Classical world.
You will also visit Nafplio, the first capital city of modern Greece. The city became the capital of the newborn state after falling from the Ottoman Empire in 1829. Explore the city, which still retains its 19th-Century air and travel back in time as you will walk through the narrow streets past handsome houses and the city’s two landmarks, the castles of Palamidi and Bourtzi.
Continue your tour through Greek civilization at Mycenae, the capital city of Mycenaic civilization. Home to King Agamemnon and his brother Menelaus, famous for starting the Trojan War, you will see the famous Lion's Gate with the Cyclopian walls, and the famous Mycenaic tomb of King Agamemnon. Pause in the museum to see Agamemnon’s golden mask.
After we are heading to ancient Olympia where you going to overnight and have dinner.
After the breakfast you will visit the Ancient Olympia site.
Ancient Olympia is the birthplace of the Olympic Games and is dedicated to Zeus, the father of the Gods. On this day tour, you will see some of the most iconic and symbolic ancient ruins Greece has to offer.
Tour the Olympic gymnasium, the baths, and the courtyard of Palestra, where the athletes trained and conditioned for the games. Then continue on to see the Olympic Stadium and the Hippodrome, where the games and chariot races took place.
See the famous structures of Heroon (“hero”), the Temple of Zeus, and the Workshop of Pheidias, who built the mighty statue of Zeus (also considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.)
Finally, you will get to explore the foundation where the Council Chamber once stood. The chamber housed the Olympic council, who were responsible for the organization of the Olympic Games, including judging and penalties. It is here where the athletes took their oaths, and where an archive of the winners was kept.
After the lunch, we will head back for Athens.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Hotel, airport or port pick-up and drop-off
- English-speaking taxi driver
- Transportation in an air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi
- A Wi-Fi internet is available upon request
- A child seat is available upon request
- Cold water supplies
- Hotel accommodation is available upon request in better price for our clients
- Professional tour guide (the guidance is conducted by the taxi driver while cruising)
- Entrance fees to archeological sites
- Food and drinks
- Hotel accommodation
- Your taxi driver will narrate your tour
- Hotel accommodation is not included in the price. Hotel accommodation is available for an extra fee. The price for accommodation is dependent on the number of people in your group. Payment for your room is made directly to the hotel
- Please wear sturdy athletic shoes to help prevent slipping accidents
- In the monasteries they having a dressing code for men and women
- No service on Christmas, New Years Day, Greek Easter and National Holidays